- Beary Scary Wind - UPDATE September 24, 2023
- RC and Her Cub, a Thunderstorm, and More - UPDATE September 21, 2023
- Jani, Cubs, and Birds Being Chased - UPDATE September 18, 2023
- Thinking of Hope, No Shots Yet - UPDATE September 16, 2023
- Long Lost Jani is Back and a Splashing Good Time - UPDATE September 12, 2023
- No Shots Yet, Bentley and a Porcupine - UPDATE September 11, 2023
Conduct scientific research on bears, other wildlife, and their habitat, and provide that information to decision-makers, the scientific community, students, and the public.
Wildlife Research Institute is a privately funded 501(c)(3) nonprofit research and education organization conducting independent research under a permit from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
Lynn Rogers, PHD
As WRI's principal biologist, Lynn Rogers, Ph.D., has spent more than 50 years learning about wildlife and sharing his information with the public. Using airplanes, vehicles, and snowshoes along with other methods, he has researched over 500 bears in the vast forests of northeastern Minnesota, studying some for as long as 22 years.